Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 states how different cultural values can make a huge difference in even the most unrelated things. In this case, the cultural values of mitigated speech for example, sadly ultimately led to the flight's downfall.

I now know that in serious situations, I shouldn't let my manners get the best of me, and I should worry about how critical the problem is.

I now believe that my cultural legacy is also to be an obedient, polite and loyal servant to my flag. Albania has been under foreign domiance for a good portion of it's history, and those who rose up to defend it from it's invaders and to rise up if the fight had been lost are whom I need to model myself. Self-sacrificing, brave men and women who will loyally serve their nation, such as the men and women of our armed forces today, which is why I hopefully can someday make the great commitment to the USA, by taking on the roll as a Marine.

No comments:

Post a Comment